- Formation and Promotion of 10,000 FPOs
Focus: GS III-Agriculture
Why in News?
Recently, the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare has organized the National Conference of Cluster Based Business Organization’s (CBBOs), under the Central Sector Scheme of Formation and Promotion of 10,000 FPOs (Farmer Producer Organization).
About the scheme:
Nodal: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers welfare
- It is a Central Sector Scheme titled “Formation and Promotion of Farmer Produce Organizations (FPOs)” to form and promote 10,000 new FPOs.
- More than 86% of farmers in India are small and marginal. if these small, marginal and landless farmers are aggregated into FPOs, it would help them to enhance the economic strength & market linkages of farmers. This in turn will help in enhancing their income.
Click Here To Read More: Formation and Promotion of 10,000 FPOs
Focus: GS II- Health
Why in News?
Every year, 25th April is observed as ‘World Malaria Day’. This year’s theme is “Harness innovation to reduce the global malaria disease burden and save lives.”
- The Malaria is a leading cause of human morbidity and mortality.
- Despite huge progress in tackling the disease, there are still 212 million new cases of malaria and 430,000 malaria-related deaths worldwide each year according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).
Click here To Read more: Malaria