- Mission Karmayogi
- MedTech Mitra portal
Recently, on the occasion of Good Governance Day the Union Minister of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions launched the Extended Version of Mission Karmayogi, at a function in New Delhi.
GS-II Social Justice, Governance
Dimensions of the Article:
- About Mission Karmayogi – National Program for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB)
About Mission Karmayogi – National Program for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB)
- The NPCSCB will use scale & state of the art infrastructure to augment the capacity of Civil Servants to improve the Human Resource management practices in the Government.
- Mission Karmayogi aims to prepare the Indian Civil Servant for the future by making him more creative, constructive, imaginative, innovative, proactive, professional, progressive, energetic, enabling, transparent and technology-enabled.
- A Public Human Resources Council comprising of select Union Ministers, Chief Ministers, eminent public HR practitioners, thinkers, global thought leaders and Public Service functionaries under the Chairmanship of Hon’ble Prime Minister will serve as the apex body for providing strategic direction to the task of Civil Services Reform and capacity building.
The Framework of NPCSCB
- Prime Minister’s Public Human Resources (HR) Council
- Capacity Building Commission
- Special Purpose Vehicle for owning and operating the digital assets and the technological platform for online training
- Coordination Unit headed by the Cabinet Secretary
- NPCSCB has been carefully designed to lay the foundations for capacity building for Civil Servants so that they remain entrenched in Indian Culture and sensibilities and remain connected, with their roots, while they learn from the best institutions and practices across the world.
- The Programme will be delivered by setting up an Integrated Government Online Training – iGOT Karmayogi Platform.
- It is also proposed to set up a Capacity Building Commission, with a view to ensure a uniform approach in managing and regulating the capacity building ecosystem on collaborative and co-sharing basis.
Core Guiding Principles
- Supporting Transition from ‘Rules based’ to ‘Roles based’ HR Management.
- To calibrate all Civil Service positions to a Framework of Roles, Activities and Competencies (FRACs).
- To emphasize on ‘on-site learning’ to complement the ‘off-site’ learning.
- To create an ecosystem of shared training infrastructure including that of learning materials, institutions and personnel.
iGOT – Karmayogi
- iGOT-Karmayogi platform brings the scale and state-of-the-art infrastructure to augment the capacities of over two crore officials in India.
- The platform is expected to evolve into a vibrant and world-class market place for content where carefully curated and vetted digital e-learning material will be made available.
- Besides capacity building, service matters like confirmation after probation period, deployment, work assignment and notification of vacancies etc., would eventually be integrated with the proposed competency framework.
Recently, the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched the MedTech Mitra portal.
Facts for Prelims
About the MedTech Mitra Portal:
- The MedTech Mitra portal serves as an online platform designed to support medtech innovators in various aspects, including clinical evaluation, regulatory facilitation, and the adoption of new products.
- The portal is a collaborative effort led by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and the Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO).
- Operational guidance is provided by NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission.
- The platform, complemented by recent medical devices policy implementations and the production-linked incentive scheme, is poised to enhance the medical devices sector.
- It aims to boost domestic manufacturing, aligning with broader national goals.
- These initiatives collectively foster the development of affordable, high-quality MedTech devices and diagnostics.
- Import dependence in the sector is expected to significantly decrease.
- The platform streamlines the innovation process, supporting research and development for emerging startups.
- The MedTech Mitra portal provides comprehensive guidance to startups, ensuring a seamless journey from idea conceptualization to product development.
- It facilitates bridging gaps in animal and clinical trials.
Collaboration and Partnership:
- The platform encourages partnerships among engineers, scientists, and clinicians, addressing a historical lack of collaboration in the sector.