- Performance Grading Index for Districts
- Ethanol blending
Focus: GS II- Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
The Ministry of Education has released the Performance Grading Index for Districts (PGI-D) for 2019 which studied 83 indicators grouped in six categories.
What is PGI-D?
- The PGI for District (PGI-D), which comprises 83 indicators, was created to assess how well each district is performing in terms of education.
- Through an internet portal, districts enter the data.
- A district’s areas for improvement are shown by the indicator-by-indicator PGI score.
- There are 83 indications totaling 600 points in the PGI-D framework.
Click Here To Read More: Performance Grading Index For Districts
Focus: GS III- Environment and Ecology, GS-III: Industry and Infrastructure
Why in News?
Recently, India has achieved the target of 10 percent ethanol blending, 5 months ahead of schedule
What is Ethanol fuel?
- Ethanol fuel is ethyl alcohol, the same type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages, used as fuel.
- It is most often used as a motor fuel, mainly as a biofuel additive for gasoline.
- Ethanol is commonly made from biomass such as corn or sugarcane.
Click Here To Read More: Ethanol Blending