- Cyber Security Exercise “Synergy”
- Portal for “Ease of Living” of Pensioners
Cyber Security Exercise “Synergy”
Focus: GS III- Science and Technology
Why in News?
- CERT-In hosts Cyber Security Exercise “Synergy” for 13 countries as part of International Counter Ransomware Initiative- Resilience Working Group.
- Exercise “Synergy” aims to exchange best practices among Member-States to build network resiliency against ransomware & cyber extortion attacks.
- Exercise is conducted in collaboration with Cyber Security Agency of Singapore.
- Theme: “Building Network Resiliency to counter Ransomware Attacks”.
- The exercise scenario was derived from real life cyber incidents, in which a domestic level (limited impact) ransomware incident escalates to a global cyber security crisis.
- The specific objective of the exercise was to Assess, Share and Improve strategies and practices among Member-States to build network resiliency against ransomware & cyber extortion attacks.
- Exercise “Synergy” was successful in meeting its objectives and provided insights for better coordination & cooperation among CRI Member States to build network resiliency and counter ransomware attacks.
About CERT- In
- CERT-In is the national nodal agency for responding to computer security incidents as and when they occur.
- The constituency of CERT-In is the Indian Cyber Community.
- CERT-In was established in 2004 as a functional organization of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Functions of CERT-In:
- The Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008 designated CERT-In to serve as the national agency to perform the following functions in the area of cyber security:
- Collection, analysis and dissemination of information on cyber incidents.
- Forecast and alerts of cyber security incidents
- Emergency measures for handling cyber security incidents
- Coordination of cyber incident response activities.
- Issue guidelines, advisories, vulnerability notes and whitepapers relating to information
- security practices, procedures, prevention, response and reporting of cyber incidents.
- Such other functions relating to cyber security as may be prescribed.
Portal for “Ease of Living” of Pensioners
Focus: GS-II Social Justice
Why in News?
Integrated Pensioners’ Portal for “Ease of Living” of Pensioners to be developed by Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare.
The Portal links the Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare portal Bhavishya and Pension Portals of various Banks, creation of Chat bot to ensure seamless interaction between pensioners, Government and banker.
The Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW) has started a series of Awareness Programs for Central Pension Processing Centres and field functionaries handling pension related work in the bank.
The objective of these programs is to spread awareness of the various rules and procedures regarding disbursement of pension to Central Government pensioner.
It also updates the field functionaries about the changes that take place from time to time through various amendments in the policy and procedures.
The purpose of the program is also to understand issues faced by Bank officials in handling these processes and pensioners’ grievances.
These awareness programs would serve as a huge capacity building exercise for bank officials.