Focus: GS II: Autonomous Bodies, Institutions, National Institutions
Why in News?
The Quality Council of India is set to celebrate its Silver Jubilee at the Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi with a special event intended to share India’s journey of growth, accelerated by the enhancement of quality.
- QCI launches a marquee campaign–‘Gunvatta Se Atmanirbharta’ to celebrate India’s commitment to quality
Quality Council of India (QCI):
- Quality Council of India (QCI) was set up in 1997 as an autonomous body.
- It was setup jointly by the Government of India and the Indian Industry represented by the three premier industry associations i.e.
- Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM),
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
- It aims to establish and operate national accreditation structure and promote quality through National Quality Campaign.
- The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, is the nodal ministry for QCI.
- Chairman of QCI is appointed by the Prime Minister on recommendation of the industry to the government.