- Savitribai Phule (3 January 1831 – 10 March 1897) was an Indian social reformer, educationalist, and poet from Maharashtra.
- She is regarded as the first female teacher of India.
- Along with her husband, Jyotirao Phule, she played an important role in improving women’s rights in India.
- She is regarded as the mother of Indian feminism.
- She worked to abolish the discrimination and unfair treatment of people based on caste and gender.
- She is regarded as an important figure of the social reform movement in Maharashtra.