Union education minister launched the ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’ in July 2021.
GS-II: Social Justice (Issues related to Education, Government Policies and Interventions, Welfare Schemes)
Dimensions of the Article:
- About the ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’
- About AICTE
About the ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’
- The ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’ will provide training to teachers from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)- affiliated schools including Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas, and Eklavya Residential Model Schools in India.
- This scheme was designed by innovation cell of education ministry and All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) for school teachers.
- A similar programme is run by AICTE for teachers in higher education.
- Training will be provided in five modules (entrepreneurship, innovation, intellectual property rights, product development, design thinking and idea generation etc.,) to encourage innovation and creativity among school students.
- It will benefit a large number of schools for tribal children across the country by giving wings to the creativity of the children.
- It will nurture lakhs of students with innovation capabilities, develop a culture of innovation and lay the foundation of a new and vibrant India.
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body (AICTE Act) and a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- It was initially only an advisory body under Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, under Government of India. However, it was in 1987 that it was given a statutory status under an Act of the Parliament.
- Objectives of AICTE
- To plan, formulate and maintain the norms and standards by acting as a statutory authority.
- To provide quality assurance through accreditation.
- To monitor, evaluate and provide funding for the priority areas.
- Maintaining parity of certification & awards.
- To manage and develop the technical education system of India.