The endeavour of ‘Janani Suraksha Yojana’ Programme is
1. to promote institutional deliveries
2. to provide monetary assistance to the mother to meet the cost of delivery
3. to provide for wage loss due to pregnancy and confinement
Which of the statements given above is /are correct?(2012)
a) 1 and 2 only
b) 2 only
c) 3 only
d) 1, 2 and 3
- JananiSurakshaYojana (JSY) is a safe motherhood intervention under the National Health Mission.
- It is being implemented with the objective of reducing maternal and neonatal mortality by promoting institutional delivery among poor pregnant women.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY) is a maternity benefit programme being implemented in all districts of the country with effect from 1st January, 2017.
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme being executed by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- ash benefits are provided to pregnant women in their bank account directly to meet enhanced nutritional needs and partially compensate for wage loss.