Focus: GS-II Social Justice
Why in news?
TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs entered into a partnership with IIT Delhi for the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA).
- Tribal entrepreneurs under TRIFED’s Van Dhan programme will now be able to get access to the expertise of the entire network of 2600 + academic and research institutions under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA).
- With IIT Delhi, the “National Coordinating Institute (NCI)”, this move envisages promoting Tribal Livelihoods and Income generating programmes through synergistic collaboration among the concerned Ministries and other participating institutions.
- The IIT Delhi-TRIFED partnership will also benefit from the expertise and experience of Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA).
Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA)
- UBA is a flagship program of the Ministry for Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- It aims to link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of at least 5 villages, so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- The technological interventions under the UBA cover different subjects broadly categorized like in the area of sustainable agriculture; water resource management; artisans, industries and livelihood; basic amenities (infrastructure & services) and rural energy system.
- Under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 participating institutes are selected based on the fulfilment of certain criteria.
Objectives of UBA
- To engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) in identifying development issues in rural areas and finding sustainable solutions for the same.
- Identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customisation of technologies, or devise implementation methods for innovative solutions, as required by the people.
- To allow HEIs to contribute to devising systems for smooth implementation of various Government programmes.
Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA)
- Vijnana Bharati previously known as “Swadeshi Science Movement” is a Non-profit organisation, working for science popularization & implementation of modern technology & ancient sciences in India.
- It is a dynamic Science Movement with Swadeshi Spirit (Swadeshi: of one’s own country), interlinking traditional and modern sciences on one hand, and natural and spiritual sciences on the other hand, adapted to national needs.
- VIBHA is the largest scientific movement in India.