Armies of India and the United States will begin another edition of their joint military exercise ‘Yudh Abhyas’ at Fort Wainwright in Alaska.
GS III: Security challenges
Dimensions of the Article:
- Yudh Abhyas: India-USA Joint Military Exercise
- Yudh Abhyas 2023 (19th Edition)
- List of Other India-USA Exercises
Yudh Abhyas: India-USA Joint Military Exercise
- Yudh Abhyas is an annual joint military exercise conducted between the armies of India and the USA.
- The exercise has been held continuously since 2004, aiming to foster cooperation, share training, and enhance joint operating skills.
Yudh Abhyas 2023 (19th Edition):
- The 2023 edition is the 19th iteration of the joint exercise, hosted alternately between India and the USA.
- The training will focus on the deployment of an integrated battle group under Chapter VII of the UN Mandate.
- Various operations related to peacekeeping, peace enforcement, and Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) will be practiced.
- Swift and coordinated relief efforts in response to natural calamities will be practiced by troops from both nations.
- The exercise will involve the employment of a coalition-integrated battle group in challenging mountainous and extreme climatic conditions, incorporating elements like heliborne or airborne operations.
List of Other India-USA Exercises:
- Army: Vajra Prahar (Joint Special Forces Exercise)
- Navy: MALABAR (Multilateral Naval Exercise)
- Air Force: Cope India, Red Flag (Multilateral Air Exercises)