Recently, the Election Commission of India (ECI) has conducted a training programme in virtual mode on the recently introduced Election Seizure Management System (ESMS) for the officers concerned from Andhra Pradesh.
GS II: Polity and Governance
About Election Seizure Management System:
- Dedicated Technology Platform: Tailored technology platform aimed at the digitization of data related to intercepted or seized items, including cash, liquor, drugs, precious metals, freebies, and other items. The data is collected directly from the field through a mobile app.
- QR Code-Based Receipts: Enables banks to generate QR code-based receipts for the movement of cases, adding a layer of transparency and traceability to cash transfers.
- Automated Reporting: Streamlines the process of generating desired reports in the required format for all stakeholders involved.
- Dashboard Analytics: Provides a comprehensive dashboard for analytics, aggregating data received from multiple agencies.
- Elimination of Duplicate Entry: Prevents duplication of data entry by different enforcement agencies.
- QR Code-Based Receipts by Banks: Allows banks to generate receipts in PDF format, incorporating QR codes for legal cash transfers.
- Real-Time Information Sharing: Facilitates real-time information sharing among various enforcement agencies, including police, transportation authorities, and central tax agencies.
- Seamless Coordination: Ensures seamless coordination and intelligence sharing, enhancing the overall effectiveness of enforcement efforts.
- Comprehensive Onboarding: Serves as a platform where central and state enforcement agencies are onboarded, contributing to a unified system for recording and reporting movements and seizures of illicit items such as cash, liquor, and drugs.
-Source: The Hindu