Focus: GS-II Social Justice
Why in news?
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched ‘Aatamanirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal to help skilled people find sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- Launch of ASEEM platform was done to improve the information flow and bridge the demand-supply gap in the skilled workforce market.
- The initiative aims to accelerate India’s journey towards recovery by mapping skilled workforce and connecting them with relevant livelihood opportunities in their local communities especially in the post COVID era.
- This addresses the responsibility of mapping the dispersed migrant population around the country and providing them the means to re-build their livelihood by matching their skill-sets to available employment opportunities.
ASEEM digital platform
- ‘Atma Nirbhar Skilled Employee Employer Mapping (ASEEM)’ portal is an Artificial Intelligence (AI) based platform to help in recruiting a skilled workforce that spurs business competitiveness and economic growth.
- ASEEM is developed and managed by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in collaboration with the Bangalore based company
- ASEEM will refer to all the trends, data, and analytics describing the workforce market and map demand of skilled workforce to supply.
- Through ASEEM, agencies, employers, and job aggregators who are looking for a skilled workforce in the specific sectors will have access to the required details of the availability of skilled workforce and formulate their hiring plans.
- It will be used as a matchmaking engine to map skilled workers with the jobs available.