Recently, Atal Innovation Mission launched the phase 1 of the 2nd edition of the Atal New India Challenge (ANIC 2.0).
GS II- Polity and Governance (Government Policies and Interventions
Dimensions of the Article:
- About Atal New India Challenge
- About Atal Innovation Mission
About Atal New India Challenge:
- Atal New India Challenge is a flagship program of Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog.
- The program aims to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance.
- One of the primary goals of the ANIC program is to support innovations in areas critical to India’s development and growth – Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Agriculture, Food Processing, Housing, Energy, Mobility, Space Application etc.
- The Atal New India Challenge aims to address the Commercialization Valley of Death – supporting innovators scale over the risks associated with access to resources for testing, piloting and market creation.
- ANIC solicits innovations from start-ups and MSMEs in the prototype stage and after a competitive process of selection supports them through to the commercialization stage over a course of 12 – 18 months with a funding of up to INR 1 crore along with other associated support from the AIM’s innovation ecosystem.
Working in collaboration with the different verticals of NITI Aayog and the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, ISRO and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the 1st phase of ANIC 2.0 will see 18 challenges being thrown open from 7 sectors.
- Sector: E-mobility
- Challenge 1: Electric Vehicles – Innovations in indigenous Electric Vehicle and EV component technology
- Challenge 2 : EV charging Infrastructure – Solutions for easier and faster charging of EV batteries
- Sector : Road Transportation (in partnership with Ministry of Road Transport and Highways)
- Challenge 1: Safe Transport – Innovations to improve rider / driver safety
- Challenge 2: Smart Mobility – Smart solutions to develop Intelligent Transport Systems
- Challenge 3: Sustainable Mobility – Sustainable innovations in mobility
- Sector : Space Technology and Application (in partnership with Department of Space – Indian Space Research Organization)
- Challenge 1: GIS Solution – GIS solutions across sectors – agriculture, water, forestry, urban affairs, road transport etc.
- Challenge 2: Propulsion – Innovations in green propellants, electric propulsion, advanced air-breathing.
- Challenge 3: Navigation – NavIC based navigation solution in IoT applications
- Challenge 4: AI/ML Modelling – AI/ML models for space applications
- Sector: Sanitation Technology (in partnership with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment)
- Challenge 1: Preventing Human Intervention – Innovations to mechanize cleaning of septic tanks, drainages and manholes.
- Challenge 2: Protecting Humans Engaged in Sewage Cleaning – Protective gears, equipment and other solutions for ensuring the health and safety of humans engaged in sewage cleaning.
- Sector: Medical Devices and Equipment
- Challenge 1: Portable point-of-care (POC) diagnostic or monitoring devices.
- Challenge 2: Low-cost Consumables & Implants.
- Challenge 3: Advanced Surgical and Non-Surgical Equipment.
- Challenge 4: Advanced Assistive and Rehabilitative Devices.
- Sector: Waste Management
- Challenge 1: Municipal Solid Waste Management
- Challenge 2: E-waste Management
- Sector: Agriculture
- Challenge 1: Climate Smart Agriculture
About Atal Innovation Mission
AIM is Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- Atal Tinkering Labs: Creating problem solving mindset across schools in India.
- Atal Incubation Centers: Fostering world class startups and adding a new dimension to the incubator model.
- Atal New India Challenges: Fostering product innovations and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministries.
- Mentor India Campaign: A national mentor network in collaboration with the public sector, corporates and institutions, to support all the initiatives of the mission.
- Atal Community Innovation Centre: To stimulate community centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions of the country including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- Atal Research and Innovation for Small Enterprises (ARISE): To stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
Source: The Hindu