As part of I2U2 initiatives, India, Israel, UAE, and the US will hold its first virtual summit in July 2022.
GS II- International Relations
Dimensions of the Article:
- About I2U2 Initiative
About I2U2 Initiative:
- Following the Abraham Accords between Israel and the United Arab Emirates, I2U2 was founded in October 2021 to address marine security, infrastructure, and transportation challenges in the region.
- It was known as the ‘International Forum for Economic Cooperation’ at the time.
- The ‘West Asian Quad‘ was coined to describe this situation.
- India, Israel, the United States, and the United Arab Emirates have formed the I2U2 initiative.
- ‘I2’ refers for India and Israel in the group’s name, while ‘U2’ stands for the United States and the United Arab Emirates.
- This is an outstanding achievement that reflects the region’s geopolitical shifts.
This will not only revitalize and re-energize the system of alliances and partnerships around the world, but also stitch together partnerships that did not exist previously or were not utilized to their full extent.
- It empowers partners and encourages them to collaborate more closely, resulting in a more stable region.
- India is seen as a large consumer market as well as a large producer of high-tech and highly sought-after items in the United States.
- When it comes to Israel’s relationship with the United Arab Emirates, the US wants to improve commercial and economic ties between the two nations.
- The Abraham Accords will allow India to enhance its relationship with Israel without jeopardising its ties with the UAE and other Arab states.
-Source: Indian Express