Why in news?
- The death toll due to COVID-19 continued to rise on Sunday, with the country registering a total of 826 fatalities and 26,917 cases.
- 5,913 people have recovered, with a recovery rate of 21.9%.
- The doubling rate had been showing regular improvement and stood at 10.5 days when seen over a period of 3 days, 9.3 days over a period of 7 days and 8.1 days over a period of 14 days.
- These indicators may be taken as positive effects of the lockdown along with the cluster management and containment strategies.
- Through a graded, pre-emptive and pro-active approach, the Central government is taking several steps along with the States/Union Territories for prevention, containment and management of COVID-19.