Why in News?
- India’s world class facility for training astronauts will be established in three years at Challakere.
More about the plan
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has proposed a ₹ 2,700 crore master plan to create top infrastructure that will house its young Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC)
- Gaganyaan is an Indian crewed orbital spacecraft intended to be the formative spacecraft of the Indian Human Spaceflight Programme.
- The spacecraft is being designed to carry three people, and a planned upgraded version will be equipped with rendezvous and docking capability.
- In its maiden crewed mission, Indian Space Research Organisation’ s largely autonomous 3.7-tonne (8,200 lb) capsule will orbit the Earth at 400 km (250 mi) altitude for up to seven days with a two or three-person crew on board.