Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing
- Union Ministry of Science & Technology announces “KIRAN” scheme announced for Women Scientists
- Indian’s Union Ministry of Science and Technology has announced a very important scheme KIRAN (Knowledge, Involvement, Research, Advancement through Nurturing) for helping lady scientists to have a brighter future in the field.
- This scheme aims at bring gender equality to the field of science and technology.
- The objectives of the scheme are as follows. The first goal is to increase the number of lady researchers in the country. Another objective is to provide research grants, especially to those who are female researchers and technologists taking a break in their career due to household or domestic compulsions.
- The scheme also aims to bring about as far as possible, gender parity in the field of science and technology.
- Under the scheme, the Union Ministry of Science & Technology will build leadership positions for women.