- Government of India’s UJALA & Street Lighting National Programme
- Farmer Producer Organizations
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA’S UJALA & STREET LIGHTING NATIONAL PROGRAMME
- Launched on January 5th, 2015, the Government of India’s zero subsidy Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) and LED Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP), has completed 5 years.
- SLNP is the world’s largest streetlight replacement programme and UJALA is the world’s largest domestic lighting project.
- Schemes are spearheaded and implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a joint venture of PSUs under the Ministry of Power, government of India
- Under the SLNP programme:
- Over 1.03 crore smart LED streetlights have been installed
- Estimated energy savings of 6.97 billion kWh per year with an avoided peak demand of 1,161 MW
- Estimated greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction of 4.80 million tCO2 annually
- Under the UJALA initiative:
- Over 36.13 crore LED bulbs have been distributed across India
- Resulted in estimated energy savings of 46.92 billion kWh per year, avoided peak demand of 9,394 MW
- Estimated GHG emission reduction of 38 million t CO2 annually
FARMER PRODUCER ORGANISATIONS
- A Producer Organisation (PO) is a legal entity formed by primary producers, viz. farmers, milk producers, fishermen, weavers, rural artisans, craftsmen. A PO can be a producer company, a cooperative society or any other legal form which provides for sharing of profits/benefits among the members.
- Farmers Producer Organisation(FPO) is one type of PO where the members are farmers. Small Farmers’ Agribusiness Consortium (SFAC) is providing support for promotion of FPOs.
- Recently 800 FPOs has been registered on Farmer Connect Portal of APEDA.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) has been adopting a focused approach for ensuring greater involvement of the State governments for effective implementation of Agri Export Policy (AEP)
More about APEDA
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) was established by the Government of India under the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority Act, 1985. It functions under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- APEDA is mandated with the responsibility of export promotion and development of the scheduled products viz. fruits, vegetables and their products; meat and meat products; poultry and poultry products; dairy products