- One Nation One Ration Card
- Atal Pension Yojana
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
Focus: GS III-Food Security
Why in News?
Over 77 crore portable transactions recorded in One Nation One Ration Card Scheme (ONORC).
About One Nation One Ration Card
Nodal: Ministry of Finance
- One Nation One Ration Card System is an important citizen centric reform.
- Its implementation ensures availability of ration to beneficiaries under National Food Security Act (NFSA) and other welfare schemes, especially the migrant workers and their families, at any Fair Price Shop (FPS) across the country.
- The reform especially empowers the migratory population mostly labourers, daily wagers, urban poor like rag pickers, street dwellers, temporary workers in organised and unorganised sectors, domestic workers etc, who frequently change their place of dwelling to be self-reliant in food security.
Click Here To Read More: One Nation One Ration Card
Focus: GS-II Social Justice
Why in News?
As per information received from Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA), 4,31,86,423 subscribers have been enrolled under Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
About Atal Pension Yojana (APY)
- APY was launched on 9th May 2015 with an objective of delivering old age income security, particularly to the workers in the unorganised sector.
- APY envisages Government providing guarantee of minimum pension after 60 years of age.
- The scheme even after garnering 2.23 crores workers under the ambit of pension, still remains unequivocally relevant for addressing the challenges of rapidly increasing aging population of India.
- The scheme has been implemented comprehensively across the country covering all states and Union Territories with male to female subscription ratio of 57:43.
- APY can be subscribed by Any Indian citizen in the age group of 18-40 years having a bank account and its uniqueness is attributable to three distinctive benefits.
Click Here To Read More: Atal Pension Yojana
Focus: GS II- Health
Why in News?
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) making steady progress in digitizing and linking health records of citizens with their ABHA numbers
About Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission:
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will help connect digital health solutions across the country.
- All Indians will get a digital health ID under this scheme.
- Every citizen’s health record will now be digitally secure.
- The health ID will be used as health account.
- Personal health records can be linked to this account and viewed with the help of a mobile application.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will provide reliable data, leading to better treatment and savings for patients too.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) will be the implementing agency of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
Click Here To Read More: Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission