- India Semiconductor Mission
- National Open Access Registry
Focus: GS III- Science and Technology
Why in News?
Recently, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology has inaugurated the first ever Semicon India 2022 Conference under India Semiconductor Mission in Bengaluru.
About Semicon India – 2022
- Semicon India – 2022 has been organized to take forward the vision of the Prime Minister to make India a leader in the electronics manufacturing, semiconductor design, manufacturing & innovation.
- Theme of the Conference: Catalyzing India’s Semiconductor Ecosystem.
Click Here To Read More: India Semiconductor Mission
Focus: GS II- Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
National Open Access Registry (NOAR) has successfully gone live from 1st May 2022.
What is NOAR?
- NOAR is a centralized online platform through which the short-term open access to the inter-state transmission system is being managed in India.
- It is an integrated platform accessible to all stakeholders in the power sector, including open access customers (both sellers and buyers), power traders, power exchanges, National/Regional/State LDCs and others.
- The platform provides automation in the workflow to achieve shorter turnaround time for the transactions.
- NOAR platform also has a payment gateway integrated for making payments related to interstate short-term open access transactions.
- NOAR platform provides transparency and seamless flow of information among stakeholders of open access.
- Single point electronic platform for all the stakeholders
- Automated administration process of the short-term open access
- Interface with the RLDCs scheduling applications and Power Exchanges (s)
- Make payments related to STOA transactions