- Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency
Focus: GS-II Governance
Why in News?
Ministry of WCD has extended the last date for the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar from 30th September, 2022 to 31st October, 2022
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puruskar
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (formerly known as the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement) is India’s Highest Civilian Honour bestowed upon exceptional achievers under the age of 18.
- The award was instituted by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India in 1996 to recognize children with exceptional abilities and outstanding status in various fields such as academics, arts, culture, design, innovation, research, social service, and sports.
- The award is conferred by the President of India in the week preceding the Republic Day where the nation’s other prestigious civilian honours like the Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri are also presented. (Previously, the awards were conferred on Children’s Day).
- The awardees also participate in the Republic Day Parade.
- A National Selection Committee, headed by Minister, MWCD or MoS, MWCD will finalize the names of the awardees for the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar.
- These awards are given under two categories – Bal Shakti Puraskar and Bal Kalyan Puraskar.
- Bal Shakti Puraskar aims to give recognition to children who have achieved extraordinarily in various fields including innovation, scholastic, sports, art & culture, social service and bravery.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar is given as recognition to Individuals and Institutions, who have made an outstanding contribution towards service for children in the field of child development, child protection and child welfare.
Focus: GS II- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies.
Why in News?
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) observed the “Cyber Jaagrukta Diwas”, to create cybersecurity awareness among all employees.
About Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA)
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Limited (IREDA) was established on 11th March, 1987 as a Public limited Government Company under the Companies Act, 1956 and it promotes, develops and extends financial assistance for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency/Conservation Projects.
- The IREDA’s Motto is “Energy for Ever.”
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA) is a Non-Banking Financial Institution under the administrative control of this Ministry for providing term loans for renewable energy and energy efficiency projects.
- It offers a credit enhancement guarantee scheme to support the issuance of bonds by wind and solar energy project developers.
- By providing unconditional and irrevocable partial credit guarantees, IREDA aims to enhance the credit rating of bonds for renewable energy projects, thereby improving their marketability and liquidity, and attracting lower-cost and longer-term funding for project developers.
- The amount raised by credit enhanced bonds shall only serve to repay existing debt partially or fully.
- IREDA’s long-term objective is to contribute to the development of a bond market for renewable energy projects in India.