- PLI scheme for Large-Scale Electronics Manufacturing
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
Focus: GS III: Indian Economy
Why in News?
Recently, the first-ever disbursement has been approved by the empowered Committee in Production Linked Incentive (PLI) scheme for mobile manufacturing under ‘Large-Scale Electronics Manufacturing’ sector.
About PLI scheme for Large-Scale Electronics Manufacturing
- It is mapped to the Union Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY).
- The PLI scheme on Large-Scale Electronic Manufacturing, which includes manufacturing of mobile phones and manufacturing of specified electronic components, was approved in March 2020, with a total outlay of Rs 38,645 crores.
- Thirty-two beneficiaries had been approved under the PLI scheme for Large-Scale Electronics Manufacturing, of which 10 (5 global and 5 domestic companies) were approved for mobile manufacturing.
- This PLI scheme has also generated employment of 28,636.
- Over the last 3 years, exports have grown by 139%.
Click Here To Read More: PLI Scheme for Large-Scale Electronics Manufacturing
Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Recently, Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) accomplishes its successful second anniversary.
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) was launched in 2020 to bring about Blue Revolution through the sustainable development of the fisheries sector over a period of five years (2020-2025).
- It is an umbrella scheme to develop the fisheries sector with a total outlay of Rs. 20050 crores.
It has two components
- The Central Sector Scheme (CS) component with a non-beneficiary-oriented scheme and a Beneficiary oriented scheme (Central Assistance for General Category – 40%; SC/ST/Women – 60%).
- A Central Sponsored Scheme (CSS) component also with a non-beneficiary-oriented scheme and Beneficiary oriented scheme. The different break-ups of funding are: Central Assistance for Northeastern States – 90%, Other States – 60%; and UTs – 100%.
Click Here To Read More: Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana