- Operation Gear Box
- Acharya Vinoba Bhave
Focus: GS II: Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Recently, the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) launched operation ‘Gear Box’ to stop heroin smuggling, seizes 39.5 kg of contraband from Kolkata port.
- The heroin was examined and seized under provisions of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act.
What is Operation Gear Box?
- Operation Gear Box is conducted to detect the hidden drugs in the gear boxes.
- The gears from old and used gearboxes were removed after opening them and plastic packets containing the narcotic substance were placed in the created cavity and the gearboxes were refitted to avoid detection.
- The drug syndicate has used this unique modus operandi to conceal heroin.
- These packets were shipped concealing inside this metal scrap with other metal scrap so that it would go unnoticed by the authorities.
Click Here To Read More: Operation Gear Box
Focus: GS I: History
Why in News?
Recently, the Prime Minister of India paid tributes to Acharya Vinoba Bhave on his Jayanti, 11th September.
Acharya Vinoba Bhave
- Original name: Vinayak Narahari Bhave
- Birth: September 11, 1895, in a Chitpavan Brahmin family at Gagoda village of the Konkan area of Maharashtra.
- Along with reading the texts, he studied Sanskrit and a number of regional languages.
- The “Kannada” script was referred to as the “Queen of World Scripts” or “Vishwa Lipigala Raani” by Vinoba Bhave.
- He is considered as India’s National Teacher.
- Bhave committed his life to religious work and the fight for liberation, keeping his vow of celibacy throughout.
- Died in 1982, Wardha, Maharashtra.
Click Here To Read More: Acharya Vinoba Bhave