- National Technical Textiles Mission
- INSPIRE Awards
Focus: GS III- Agriculture
Why in News?
The Ministry of Textiles recently cleared 23 strategic research projects worth around Rs 60 crores in Specialty fibres, Sustainable Textiles, Geotextiles, Mobiltech and Sports textiles under the National Technical Textiles Mission.
About Technical Textiles
- The Technical Textiles are defined as Textile material and products manufactured primarily for their Technical performance and functional properties rather than aesthetic and decorative characteristics.
- The Technical textiles include textiles for automotive applications, medical textiles (e.g., implants), geotextiles (reinforcement of embankments), agrotextiles (textiles for crop protection), and protective clothing (e.g., heat and radiation protection for fire fighter clothing, molten metal protection for welders, stab protection and bulletproof vests, and spacesuits).
Click Here To Read More: National Technical Textiles Mission
Focus: GS III: Science and Technology
Why in News?
Recently, the 9th National Level Exhibition and Project Competition (NLEPC) for the INSPIRE Awards – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge), has commenced.
About INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) Award:
- It is aligned with the ‘Start-up India’ initiative and is being executed by DST (Department of Science and Technology) with National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF), an autonomous body of DST.
- In accordance with this, students are invited from all public and private schools nationwide, regardless of the educational boards (national and state).
- They would receive financial assistance of Rs 10,000 each so they could create prototypes of the ideas they submitted for the programme.
Click Here To Read More: INSPIRE Awards