- Guru Granth Sahib
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority
- Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
- Association of Renewable Energy of States
Focus: GS I- Medieval History
Why in News?
The Prime Minister has greeted the people on the sacred occasion of the Parkash Purab of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
About Guru Granth Sahib
- The Guru Granth Sahib was first compiled by the Fifth Sikh Guru, Arjan Dev, in 1604 in the city of Amritsar.
- Its second and last version was the handiwork of Guru Gobind Singh, and it was finalized at Damdama Sahib in the year 1705.
- He added the hymns of his father, Guru Tegh Bahadur, the Ninth Master, and a couplet of his own to the volume wrought a century earlier.
- One of the greatest glories of the Guru Granth Sahib is its catholic character.
- Perhaps it is the only scripture of its kind which contains within its sacred covers the songs, hymns and utterances of a wide variety of saints, sages and bards.
- It is instructive to note that a fairly substantial part of the volume carries the compositions of Hindu bhaktas, Muslim divines, Sufi poets and other God-intoxicated souls.
Click Here To Read More: Guru Granth Sahib
Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Intervention, Health
Why in News?
To commemorate 25 years of existence of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA), a programme is being organised at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Janpath.
About National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority
- NPPA is an organization under Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers which was set up in 1997 to revise the prices of controlled bulk drugs and formulations and to enforce prices and availability of the medicines in the country, under the Drugs (Prices Control) Order (DPCO), 1995.
- The prices are now fixed/revised under Drugs (Prices Control) Order (DPCO), 2013.
- It also monitors the prices of decontrolled drugs in order to keep them at reasonable levels.
Click Here To Read More: National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority
Focus: GS II- Welfare schemes
Why in News?
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) – National Mission for Financial Inclusion, completed 8 years of successful implementation.
About Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana:
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana – PMJDY was announced by Prime Minister in 2014, and has been a key initiative towards the commitment to provide financial inclusiveness and support to the marginalized and hitherto socio-economically neglected classes.
Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) is National Mission for Financial Inclusion to ensure access to financial services, namely, Banking/ Savings & Deposit Accounts, Remittance, Credit, Insurance, Pension in an affordable manner.
- Ensure access of financial products & services at an affordable cost
- Use of technology to lower cost & widen reach
Click Here To Read More: Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana
Focus: GS III- Infrastructure
Why in News?
Association of Renewable Energy of States (AREAS) celebrated 8th Foundation Day.
About Association of Renewable Energy of States:
- Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE) is the nodal agency at the central level for promotion of grid-connected and off-grid renewable energy in the country.
- Ministry’s programmes are implemented in close coordination with State Nodal Agencies (SNAs) for renewable energy (RE).
- Over the period the SNAs have developed considerable knowledge and experience in planning and implementation of RE programmes.
- In this background it is important that SNAs interact and learn from each other’s experiences and also share their best practices and knowledge regarding technologies and schemes/programmes.
- MNRE took an initiative in this regard in consultation with SNAs, and Association of Renewable Energy Agencies of States (abbreviated as “AREAS) has been formed and registered as a society on 27 August 2014 under Society Registration Act 1860.
Click Here To Read More: Association of Renewable Energy of States