A Bengaluru-based venture has produced a rugged tactical battery that it is now planning to sell to the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) forces in Europe.
GS III- Science and Technology
Dimensions of the Article:
- Pravaig Field Pack
Pravaig Field Pack
- It’s a portable, heavy-duty power bank that weights 14 kg.
- It’s especially useful for today’s digitally connected military and Special Forces personnel who have to work in high-risk areas while utilising gadgets that demand constant power.
- India conceived, engineered, and manufactured these batteries.
- A MacBook may be charged 60 times using the field pack.
- This supply is a defining moment in India’s defence landscape, a turning point in the country’s high-tech defence industry’s transformation from users to developers, importers to exporters.
- The field pack can be used to re-energize military personnel in the field and to install remote sensors.
- A powerful tactical battery can be used to operate larger military equipment like drones, as well as assisting in the coordination of tactical operations involving several weapons systems.
-Source: The Hindu