Why in News?
Volcano south of Manila spewed Lava and broad columns of ash spewed
- Volcano south of Manila, Philippines is situated around Ring of Fire, which is a belt of high volcano density.
- The Philippine Sea Plate or the Philippine Plate is a tectonic plate comprising of oceanic lithosphere that lies beneath the Philippine Sea, to the east of the Philippines.
- Most segments of the Philippines, including northern Luzon, are part of the Philippine Mobile Belt, which is geologically and tectonically separate from the Philippine Sea Plate.
- Philippine Sea plate is bordered mostly by convergent boundaries, hence it characterised by volcanoes..
- It has forced around 20000 peoples to be evacuated due to eruption of volcanoes.