With reference to Indian freedom struggle, Usha Mehta is well-known for(2011)
a) Running the secret Congress Radio in the wake of Quit India Movement
b)Participating in the Second Round Table Conference
c) Leading a contingent of Indian National Army
d) Assisting in the formation of Interim Government under Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
- Usha Mehta(25 March 1920 – 11 August 2000) was a Gandhian and freedom fighter of India.
- In 1928, eight-year-old Usha participated in a protest march against the Simon Commission
- She used to mobilise friends and organise Prabhatpheris along with them dressed in national tricolour. They also used to picket liquor shops. She met Mahatma Gandhi as a young girl and took a vow to wear khadi life long
- She also began studying law, but ended her studies in 1942 to join the Quit India Movement.
- On 14 August 1942, Usha and some of her close associates began the Secret Congress Radio, a clandestine radio station. It went air on 27 August. Secret Congress Radio also kept the leaders of the freedom movement in touch with the public